Serving size: 6
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- PAP: a staple food for many South Africans; a porridge made from mealie meal (maize meal) cooked with water and salt to different consistencies
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Place the mealie meal, water, milk, salt, oil and sweetcorn in a large mixing bowl. Stir well so that no dry meal is visible.
- Lightly grease a 20 x 27 cm oven dish with oil and spoon mealie meal mixture into the dish.
- Arrange onion wedges on mealie meal. Mix parsley, cheese and corn and sprinkle evenly over onions.
- Serve with barbecue sauce.
- Bake the mealie meal mixture without the onion and cheese mixture until cooked. Mix 1 x 410 g tin onion and tomato mix with the parsley and onion wedges. Spoon onto cooked mealie meal bake, sprinkle with cheese and corn and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tomato layer is heated through. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart