- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and slice the Roma tomatoes in half.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for an hour.
- Chop the onion and sauté in olive oil. Add the minced garlic and some chopped fresh thyme.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes and the fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée the soup with a blender or in a food processor.
- Add the cream, stir, and enjoy!
The soup will keep well in the fridge for one week and freezes well for two months.
Source: Kris Longwell