Serving size: 4-6
Preparation Time: 15 mins
- Mix avocados, lemon juice, lemon rind, cumin, herbs and tomato. Add salt and season with pepper.
- Serve as part of a light lunch as a dip with fresh veggies like cucumber, peppers or carrot sticks. Dip toasted wholewheat pitas into the guacamole or spread onto any sandwich. Enjoy with fresh fruit and a handful of nuts or seeds.
- Add paprika, cayenne pepper or chilli to the guacamole for a spicier flavour.
- Grating lemon rind is easy, just use the small side of the grater and don’t grate any of the bitter, white pith.
- This guacamole is not only great as part of lunch but equally good with meat, fish or chicken. Serve it on wholewheat toast or a sandwich for a quick lunch.
- Stir chopped onion or spring onions into the mixture for added flavour. Alternatively, stir plain low-fat yoghurt into the guacamole to use as a dip.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart