Serving size: 6
Preparation Time: 2 hours 30 mins
This homemade ice tea is very refreshing and a healthier alternative to fizzy, sugary cold drinks. Keep a jug of this iced tea in the fridge in summer.
- Place tea bags, spices and ginger in a large glass jug and pour over boiling water. Stir well and allow to cool for about 2 hours. Remove tea bags, ginger and spices.
- Add juice to the tea and season with lemon juice to taste.
- Serve ice cold with ice and your choice of mint leaves, fruit and lemon.
- When buying fruit juice, remember to read the label and only buy pure or 100 % fruit juice.
- In summer when it’s hot outside, freeze this iced tea in an ice cube or ice lolly trays for the kids. This is a good alternative to ice-cream.
*includes cooling time
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart