Serving size: 6
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Heat half of the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Fry onions, garlic and ginger until soft. Add carrot and baby marrow and fry for a few minutes
- Stir in the spices and chilli and fry until aromatic. Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt, lemon juice and pepper.
- Make 6 openings in the sauce and divide the rest of the oil between these openings.
- Crack an egg into each opening and simmer with a lid for 4-5 minutes or until the yolks are cooked to your preference.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve on toast or with slices of avocado.
- Other veggies like brinjals, baby marrows or mushrooms can be fried with the onions.
- Add a tin of beans to the sauce, before adding the eggs, to make this an even more filling breakfast or light meal.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart