Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
These vegetarian bites are packed with flavour and delicious on their own or as part of a lunch box. See the serving ideas below and assemble at work when you are ready to eat it.
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork or a potato masher until smoother. Season with pepper and more lemon juice if preferred.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop spoonful’s of the mixture into the pan and fry until golden. Don’t press down on the mixture so that they keep their shape.
- Turn over as the mixture starts to set and fry for a few more minutes. Reduce heat and cover with a lid to allow to cook through for 1-2 minutes. Spoon out and repeat with remaining mixture and oil.
- Serve bites as part of a lunch box with lemon wedges and fresh fruit or veggies. They are delicious in a whole-wheat pita or wrap with low-fat yoghurt and a salsa made with cucumber, tomato and red and yellow peppers. They are equally yummy hot or at room temperature.
- If the curry flavour is too strong for your kids, substitute the curry powder with dried mixed herbs.
- Make a double batch of this recipe and keep for lunch boxes or as snacks for up to 3 days.
- This recipe makes 15 bites.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart