Serving size: 6
Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Place fish in a large bowl and mash with a fork until fine. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with pepper. Add some of the drained tomato sauce to taste, but take care not to add too much as it may become too runny.
- Spread on 2 slices of wholewheat or brown bread. Add avocado when in season or tomato and lettuce for a tasty sandwich. Serve with fresh fruit, if preferred. It is also great as a dip with veggies.
- Place the spread in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If preferred, blend the mixture with a stick blender for a smoother spread.
- If there is any left-over tomato sauce from the tin, it can be frozen and added to any tomato and fish dish, such as a pasta sauce, for extra flavour.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart