Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Eggy toast is an easy way to get kids to enjoy eggs if they don’t like scrambled or fried eggs. Different toppings can be added for an interesting weekend breakfast or brunch idea.
- Whisk eggs with water and season with salt and black pepper. Place in a shallow bowl.
- Heat half of the oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and turn over with two forks to cover the bread completely with the egg mixture.
- Fry 1–2 slices of bread on both sides until golden brown and repeat with the remaining bread and eggs.
If the pan is big enough, all the slices can be fried together.
If the pan is too small, don’t dip the bread in the egg mixture too long in advance as it could
become too soggy to handle and fry.
- Remove bread from pan and keep warm, while frying the rest.
- Serve with slices of fruit, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Or serve with tomato and cheese and sprinkle with herbs.