Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Sometimes a few simple ingredients can become a very healthy breakfast. Enjoy eggs with fresh ingredients and a slice of toast.
- Place eggs with 1 cup (250 ml) water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5-8 minutes, depending on how hard or soft you prefer the yolk to be. Cook for 5-7 minutes for soft yolks and 8-10 minutes for firm yolks.
- Place eggs in egg cups and serve with slices of avocado and tomato. Lightly season avocado, tomato and egg with the salt and pepper. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the avocado, if preferred.
- Cut toast into thick strips to dunk into the egg or to spread with avocado.
- The avocado makes this dish more filling, which means you won’t need more than one slice of toast. If you prefer, you can leave out the toast and just enjoy the fresh ingredients with the egg.
- If you don’t have time for eggs, spread toast with a thin layer of low-fat cottage cheese and serve with avocado and tomatoes.
- This could also be served as a light meal with a salad.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart