Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
This velvety pudding has lots of flavours and very little sugar.
- Mix sugar, cornflour, cocoa and cinnamon with a little milk to form a paste.
- Gently heat remaining milk in a small saucepan. Add some warm milk to the paste and stir back into the rest of the milk.
- Stir continuously over medium heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Divide hot mixture into 4 small bowls or cups. Allow to cool and chill in the fridge.
- Serve with the pears and 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped nuts per person. Alternatively, serve as a warm custard over the pears.
- For a special treat, grate 1-2 small blocks of dark chocolate over the hot pudding.
- To serve as a custard, add ½ cup (125 ml) extra milk.
- Omit the cornflour to serve as a hot cocoa drink.
* Allow 1-hour cooling time
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart