– ½ cup chopped spring onions
– 2-3 teaspoons avocado oil
– 100g button mushrooms, sliced
– 6 large eggs
– 125 ml milk
– ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
– Pinch of sea salt
– 1 avocado, diced
– 2 teaspoons lemon juice
– 100 g crumbled feta cheese
– ⅓ cup chopped black olives
– ½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
– Extra avocado slices to serve.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Heat the oven to 180º C.
- In a non-stick pan with an ovenproof handle, sauté the onions in the oil until soft – about 5 minutes and add the button mushrooms, sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, mixed herbs, and salt.
- Gently toss the avocado with lemon juice.
- When the oven is hot, evenly scatter the avocado, feta cheese, olives, and sundried tomatoes over the sautéed onion and mushrooms.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan, taking care not to disturb the other ingredients.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the frittata is set firm and the top lightly browned; the frittata should be set with a slight wobble in the centre.
- To serve cut into wedges and serve with avocado slices, a rocket leaf salad, and crusty bread.