- 8 eggs
- 125 ml water
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 10 ml sunflower or olive oil
- 45 ml fresh herbs of your choice, like origanum, parsley, dill or thyme
You can add 1 of any of the following:
- 125 ml grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice feta, crumbled
- 170 g tuna in water, drained
- 125 ml frozen peas or whole kernel corn, rinsed and patted dry
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced and pan-fried in a very small amount of oil
Serving size: 4 to 6
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Beat eggs with water, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the egg mixture.
- Allow the eggs to start setting before stirring too much. Then gently stir egg with an egg lifter, to ensure that all the raw egg is cooked. Don’t over-mix the eggs and don’t make the pan too hot, otherwise, the eggs can separate quite easily. Reduce heat if necessary.
- If you want to add another ingredient from the list above, add this after stirring the eggs for the first time.
- Gently stir scrambled eggs until just cooked and serve immediately. Sprinkle with herbs and black pepper and serve with a slice of whole-wheat or brown toast per person and tomato slices, if preferred.
- For a delicious, yet easy seasoning, stir the chopped herbs into the egg mixture, before adding it to the pan.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart