Serving size: 6
Preparation Time: 50 mins
- Place potatoes with 1 cup (250 ml) water and the salt in a pot. Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer with a lid for 15 - 20 minutes or until the potatoes are just cooked. Take care that they don’t boil too fast, as the potatoes will burst open and absorb too much water.
- Meanwhile, mix the oil, lemon juice and rind, mustard, herbs and black pepper together.
- Drain potatoes and slice each potato in half. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with the dressing. Allow potatoes to cool in the dressing – this will allow them to absorb more flavour.
- Gently stir in peppers, top with the eggs (if using) and serve at room temperature.
- Any fresh herbs are delicious in a potato salad. Try fresh thyme or a combination of the parsley, origanum and thyme.
- Spicy version: add curry powder to taste to the dressing.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart