Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 30 mins
We all love chocolate but know that too much is not good for us. In this treat, we combine dark chocolate with dates to make a healthier alternative.
- Place chocolate in a glass bowl and melt over gently simmering water. Make sure that the bowl does not touch the water.
- Mix cocoa with some of the milk to form a paste and mix with remaining milk and vanilla. Stir some of the melted chocolate into the milk mixture until smooth. Mix into the warm chocolate.
- Stir in dates and coconut. Place spoonful’s of the mixture onto baking paper and sprinkle with coconut or cocoa and allow to set. Alternatively, allow to cool slightly and then roll into balls. Roll balls into extra coconut or cocoa, if preferred. Allow cooling in the fridge. Serve 1–2 balls as a treat.
- Serve date balls as part of a dessert with fresh fruit or serve with coffee at the end of a meal.
- If packing for a lunch box treat, make sure that it is kept in a cool place, as they may melt.
- Choose good quality chocolate and cocoa that is low in added sugar.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart