Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Place oats, water, milk and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat.
- Once it starts to simmer, stir constantly to prevent lumps. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve oats with banana and cinnamon.
- Oats for one: ¼ cup (60 ml) uncooked oats with ¾ cup (180 ml) water (or half water and half low-fat milk) and a small pinch of salt. Prepare as explained, or mix in a big enough glass bowl and microwave for 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave. Stir often and make sure it does not boil over.
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds are delicious with oats and fruit. Try chopped raw, unsalted almonds – use 30 ml (2 tbsp) per portion of oats.
- If you are used to sugar on your oats, try this version – the fruit adds a natural sweetness and you won’t miss the sugar. If you struggle at first, gradually reduce the sugar until you don’t need it at all anymore.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart