Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Heat oil in a large saucepan or pot and fry chicken until brown. Reduce the heat and add tea, bay leaf and lemon rind.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cooked through, but not dry. Spoon out the chicken and allow to cool slightly. Remove chicken from bones and shred meat. Preheat oven to 180 ˚C.
- Meanwhile, mix yoghurt, cornflour and milk and add to the liquid in the pan. Stir over low heat, until well combined. It may look like it has split, but don’t worry, the cornflour will bring it back together – just keep stirring.
- Stir until it thickens then add rosemary and broccoli. Cover with the lid for 1-2 minutes to gently steam the broccoli. Stir in peas, salt and chicken. Season with lemon juice and pepper.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an oven dish. Mix cheese, seeds and parsley and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with a salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber and 2-3 grated carrots. Drizzle with lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil. A small portion of carbs, like cooked butternut, could be enjoyed with this meal.
- Substitute half the broccoli with cauliflower, if preferred.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart