Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 1 hour 45 mins
With the added lentils and butternut instead of the traditional potatoes, you have a healthy winner.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and fry the mince until brown. Spoon out.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and fry onions, carrots and mushrooms until soft. Add mixed herbs, coriander, mustard, mince and tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer over low heat, with a lid, for 20 minutes.
- Add tea and lentils and simmer with the lid for another 15-20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Season well with lemon juice and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ˚C. Meanwhile, place butternut and salt in a pot with ¾ cup (180 ml) water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until just soft. Drain well and lightly mash or crush with a fork. Season with lemon juice and black pepper.
- Spoon mince mixture into an oven dish spread butternut on top in an even layer. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Serve with green veggies like pan-fried or steamed broccoli and baby marrows, seasoned with fresh herbs and lemon juice or fill your plate with a tomato salad.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart