Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 30 mins
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut long, thin slices of baby marrows. Cut these slices into thick ‘noodles’.
- Heat a pot with 1-2 cups (250-500 ml) water and bring to a boil. Add baby marrows and lemon rind and simmer with a lid for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Add peas and simmer for 1 minute. Drain well. Return veggies to the pot.
- Add oil and salt and season with lemon juice and pepper. Toss through with the herbs and serve immediately.
- Serve this side dish as one of the veggies that can fill half your plate. Or stir into pasta, to bulk it up, without eating too many carbs. Mince will be delicious on this or a portion of any meat or fish of your choice. A tomato salad or fruit will complement this.
- If preferred, stir 1 slice of feta into the baby marrows, but leave out the salt. Or sprinkle with roasted sunflower seeds for a crunch.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart