Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 50 mins
- Place veggies and feta in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, herbs and pepper. Toss through to coat the veggies evenly.
- Place two pieces of foil together to make a double layer, with the shiny side towards the food. Divide veggie mixture between the pieces of foil and fold corners of foil together at the top, to make little closed-up parcels. Allow some space between the veggies and foil, to create space for the hot steam to move over the veggies.
- Place parcels over medium coals for 12 - 15 minutes or until the veggies are just cooked, but not too soft. Or place in cooler coals to the side of the braai and cook until done.
- Serve a parcel per person with more fresh herbs.
- Origanum will also be delicious with the veggies.
- Bake the parcels in the oven at 180 °c for about 15 minutes or until just cooked.
- Other veggies like potatoes, whole onions or small sweet potatoes can be brushed with oil, seasoned with lemon juice, herbs and pepper and wrapped in a double layer of foil. ‘bake’ in the cooler coals until tender.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart