Serving size: 4
Preparation Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 200 ˚C. Place apples, tea and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until just tender. Spoon apples and tea into a lightly greased oven dish.
- Beat buttermilk, milk, vanilla, eggs and lemon rind together. Stir in almonds, flour, baking powder, sugar and mixed spice to form a runny batter. Pour over the apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- Serve immediately with a light dusting of the icing sugar and 2 tbsp (30 ml) plain low-fat yoghurt per person.
- This recipe works just as well with ripe pears.
- Note that the carb key is close to the range for bowl 2. See page 30 for more detail on the carb key.
Recipe by Pharma Dynamics
Cooking from the heart