Rock painting is a great way to get creative and is a wonderful meditative art activity for both children and adults.
Grab some paint, a handful of rocks, your little ones and let’s start painting!
What you need
- Different size rocks with a flat surface
- Paint or markers
- Acrylic paints (white, black and colours)
- Pencil with an eraser
- First clean the rocks, removing dust and dirt. Once they are clean and dry, paint them with acrylic colours. Depending on the brand and colour you use, you might need to apply more layers.
- Let the paint dry.
- Now it’s time to work on the eyes with the help of a pencil with an eraser. Dip the eraser into white paint and press it onto the rock for cute eyes. Once the white paint is dry, add a black spot. Continue your monster creations by adding more facial details – mouths, teeth, tongues, scars…
- If you only used acrylic paint, your rock art is ready to go outside, if not; you might want to use some clear varnish to seal the colours to make these painted rocks waterproof.