If you are trained in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation):
- Check for pulse and respirations. If both of these are absent, proceed with CPR as you were trained.
- If respirations are absent, but there is a pulse, proceed with rescue breathing as you were trained.
If you are not trained in CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation):
- Call emergency services.
- If the person is unconscious, begin to push hard and fast on the center of the chest.
- Apply cool cloth to forehead or armpits
- Drink plenty of fluids (especially water)
- Avoid alcohol, tea and coffee as these drinks can cause slight dehydration
- Over-the-counter medicine (refer to manufacturer’s recommendations for dosage):
- Aspirin (Do not give to children or adolescents)